Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday Night

It's getting late and I'm ready to turn in for the night, but it has been a great weekend.

My friend from Massachusetts and I had a good time. We went to Dupont Circle on Friday Night...and he got to see things that he hasn't experienced. On Saturday we took the boat ride from Washington to Mount Vernon...and went to a gay bar in Arlington, VA afterwards.

Today, though, he said was the highlight of his trip. He went to church with me and found it to be a safe and loving experience. He is now going to look for a similar congregation near his house.

I hope he is successful, because he really wants to experience what he did this weekend on a more regular basis.

His visit was certainly a tale of how my friendships have been built over time since the separation. I reached out to make friends and expanded beyond my comfort zone, and look at what happened. I have been given so many new friend....and refreshed old friendships. I'm experiencing healthy relationships...male friendships without worry about jumping between the sheets. It just doesn't seem important.

It's amazing.

I am so thankful to have these men in my life.

I am blessed beyond words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

... and these men, in turn, are blessed to have YOU in their lives!

Anonymous said...

Frank;
A line from “Avenue Q” – “When you help others, you can’t help helping yourself”.

Rick