Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bad Frank

A number of you have voiced (rather vocally) your concerns about my going on such a trip with Lovey.

I thank you for that….and really I don’t need my head examined.

This morning I sent her the following email. We all know what an awful person I am. AND, we mustn’t forget what a terrible husband I was (a fag, wooden spoons in the dishwasher, raised toilet seats, etc.). This will only confirm it.

----------------Original message ---------------------------
From: Frank
To: Lovey

Hi!

I've done a lot of thinking about this and looking at my schedule. The stress of trying to pull it all together and totally move my schedule all around at the last minute for a rushed trip doesn't make sense to me. All told, I'd be spending more time on the road than with the marine.

This doesn't mean that I don't want to do that or that I love him differently or any less.

The marine loves to keep score and loves to try to inflict guilt trips where ever and whenever it suits him. He also loves to spin tales that help him to manipulate situations. Given the fact that whenever he has chosen to grace me with his presence at my house, I've worked very hard to give him quality time. His last couple of visits with me have been downright delightful. So, just because I don't get to go down to LeJeune to see him, does not cause me any reason for guilt. Especially, if something should happen to him in Iraq. I'm getting older....perhaps a bit wiser..... I have to think about me for a change...and taking care of myself... Sadly, it also means that I'm not in the air asking how high on the way up as soon as the marine..or others say JUMP!

He did tell me that he will be up here from September 5-15. Were you aware that in his mind, he is is planning to drive up here in his car......and then drive back.....and leave his car for you and/or I to drive it back up here to keep while he is away? ("I am NOT going to fly back to LeJeune and leave my car," says he.) So he expects you or I to drive to LeJeune, drive his car back to Grandma's for her to babysit it until his return. I told him that he needed to leave the car here when he visits.

So, he needs to figure out how his car is going to get here......and he needs to negotiate with Grandma to see if she is willing to keep his car. (I have no place in which to store it.)

And so goes the marine....

You, too, may want to rethink this quick, last-minute visit. It's a lot of wear and tear on you for what purpose? You might consider saving your time for when he is here in September....so that you can spend some real quality time with him.

Just a thought.

Frank
---------------END---------------------

So, that mean old Frank isn’t going to chauffeur her down to see her son.

Pity.

No comments: