Sunday, July 29, 2007

Evening - July 29, 2007

Well, I did get off my butt this morning and I traveled to church. I am so glad that I did...just being around my friends...and letting them know some of the pain and the gloom and doom I was feeling....and then to have them put their arms around me to say that they loved me and would pray for me helped me more than I can begin to describe here.

The sermon was about prayer...and the Lord above knows that I am always interested in that topic. I also got to hear one of my friends sing a special entitled, "There is a Balm in Gilead"... It ministered to me in a sweet way. It's one of my favorite hymns.... I have a very old recording of that song by the late Jack Holcomb. I guess I'm dating myself. The majority of you will not remember him, but he was a great gospel tenor from many, many years ago.

Every time I hear that song, it touches my very soul....and God knew that I needed to be touched today.

I got to spend lunch with some of my buddies too....followed by a movie with Brokeback. Just by being with him helped me too.

So all is not bad.

In between things, my daughters called me. They are fine...and wanted to know how the old man was doing.

I even heard from Lovey....who said she had had a difficult conversation with the Marine. She does not know all that is going on with him right now. Even though he may be stressed, that should not give him a reason to be so belligerant with her.

So, there always seems to be drama......of some kind in my life, which is so silly.

But oh well....another day begins another week. So we will see.

Thanks for all your prayerful support of me...and your words of encouragement.

More later.

No comments: