Monday, July 02, 2007

A Lazy Weekend

It was a great weekend.

It was a great, lazy, summer weekend.

I got a lot of stuff done, but as with most things in life, I still have so much to do. Since July 4 is a holiday, I will use that as another day to catch up on laundry, deep cleaning the hardwood floors, vacuuming, dusting, straightening, etc.

Friday night, a group of the gay men from my church called me to join them for dinner at an Italian Restaurant in the suburbs. I jumped at the chance because near the end of the day on Friday, I was beginning to feel “that way.” That’s how I describe when I feel the blues coming on. We ate, visited and laughed. Afterwards, one of them suggested we assemble for a game of Hearts. So, we played and had a ball. I didn’t get home until 2am.

Saturday morning I slept in late and as I was headed out the door to meet Mr. Brokeback for coffee, my telephone started ringing. The first call was from my daughter in El Salvador. She has one of those awful stomach problems and wound up spending her weekend traveling many hours to San Salvador to seek medical treatment at her clinic. As it turned out, she had a very bad bacterial infection. So, she’s marooned in El Salvador at a hostel, until her treatment cures her. I then got calls from Nashville, Camp LeJeune and from my parents…all in fairly rapid succession. My final call was from Mr. Brokeback. He had left the coffee shop to run all of his errands. So, I missed m opportunity to visit with him a bit.

In the late afternoon, another one of my friends invited me to go to an antique district of Savage, Maryland. I wound up having a late lunch and a delightful time checking out the stores and shops and just talking. Got home late again!

Sunday was a gorgeous day. After all I had read about caring ministries at my former church, I decided that I would make a guest appearance at the early service. I walked in after the service had begun….when my former pastor began his spiel about communion…(it was Communion Sunday) I left. With my negative feelings toward him, I saw no reason to take communion from him. Besides, he saw me come into the church…..and kept a wary eye on me.

I then went to my church, surrounded by all those new people who appear to love me and care about me. So refreshing.

After lunch, I went home and spoke with #1. She said that since she had to stay in San Salvador a few more days, sh said that she found a copy of Brokeback Mountain on DVD for only a $1. She and a group of girls in the hostel, watched it last night. The other girls pronounced that the film was “hot.” #1 just shook her head she said.

I had a very quiet afternoon and evening.

Tonight my son arrives from Camp LeJeune and he is staying this entire week with me. So, I look forward to spending some quality time with him.

Stay tuned.

No comments: