Thursday, July 12, 2007

It Happened Again!

I've now been off that silly medicine for 48 hours.

At 3:00 a.m., I awakened with a jolt from a nightmare and there it was -- the feelings of absolute panic, fear, heart racing, the world was caving in around me and I was ready to scream.

But I stayed in my bed. I pulled the covers up around me. The dog was sleeping soundly on my left side. The room was dark. The only sound was an occasional passing car.

I told myself, "You're okay Frank. You're in your bed in your room at your house. This is just a symptom of you coming off that awful medicine. This will pass. Relax."

For almost an hour, I stayed there. "You're okay Frank" became my steady mantra.

Around 4 a.m. I could feel these sensations beginning to lessen. I could feel them leave. All the bad feels were evaporating before me. I drifted back to sleep and awakened at 6:30, refreshed and ready to tackle another day.

No comments: