Thursday, July 12, 2007

A New Year's Resolution Revisited


Remember how on January 2 of this year I listed some resolutions?

Besides the one about losing weight (which I have done by the way), the one I've really done something about is the one that said "Expand my network of friends and meet new people."

At the time I wrote that, I was petrified at the concept. You see I am somewhat of a shy person in new social situations. I've just not had much self confidence. Oh, if you met me in person, you'd probably be surprised at this fact, but nonetheless it is true.

I am amazed to report to you that I have actually launched beyond my comfort zone and made a host of new friends.

I've often said that a true friend is someone who knows all there is to know about you, and love and care about you anyway. In my particular case, all my new friends know all about the real Frank...the gay Frank, and they appear to still care and love me anyway!

It amazes me.

Last night, seven of them came to my house for a Men's Bible Study. It was a time of sharing, watching a video about Jesus, discussion, prayer and pizza. It was especially rewarding for me to be able to sit there in my home, surround by my friends and not having to worry about how the house looked (it was great) or how it smelled (it smelled great).

No clutter......not cat smells......no sermon books scatter throughout or panicky wives screaming and crying.

Nope, it was just me and the dog and the house.

And a very rewarding feeling of entertaining -- something I really haven't done in over 10 years.

It feels great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Friendships are such a powerful aspect for life.