Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Shock and Awe!!!


There have been a few recent developments in the saga of the gay guy here known as Frank.

First, I got the legal paperwork from my attorney about the Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO). This is the documents that will arrange for the transfer of assets from Lovey's retirement accounts to mine. This is the last issue that remains for me to be fully disengaged from her.

I read the document closely and I was floored by one of the comments. Not only do I get the earnings on my $70K from her from June 9, 2005, but I get them from that time, until they are disbursed. That means that I'm not governed by the date of the divorce, which is May 29, 2007. In actuality, the clock is continuing to tick on my earnings at his moment...which, if you have been following the stock market, you know that it has been performing record feats. So, I can't wait to see what that total figure is.

It will definitely make up for the fact that I had to give away 50% of my civil service retirement, which, by the way, she will not see until if, as and when I begin collecting it!

So, I appear to be landing on my feet thankfully.

In other news...I have heard from Lovey a number of times via email today. The real shocker is:

She wants us to go visit our son, the marine, in North Carolina. She wants us to ride the six hours together.

She wants us to stay in the same room in order to split expenses!

For TWO nights!

Oy!

3 comments:

Cymber said...

Please, PLEASE tell me you are telling her "no." Please. Really.

Anonymous said...

NO....

A very simple 2 letter word.

bear said...

Uh oh...it may be time for tough love here. You need to explain to her how you feel. Maybe something like a "I don't feel comfortable doing this because I still reeling from the divorce etc."
I think you should be careful not to make her angry or get her feelings hurt (good luck here!) but tell her it's a little too early after just "divorcing" and that it's not her and you still think of her as your friend etc. or something to that affect. YOu need to stay "friendly" at least for your kids, and to lessen the awkwardness or bad feelings when you DO need to see each other like the holidays. I do think you guys should NOT do this if you're not ready. (I doubt either of you are.)