Thursday, July 19, 2007

How Did It Happen?

This latest round of communication with Lovey happened as a result from a pitiful plea from the marine requesting that I pay his cellphone bill. As background, he is always needing money. He lives way beyond his means and although he is a Corporal, pays no rent, pays no utilities, and has no grocery bill, he still has no money. (I honestly think he is a graduate of Lovey’s School of High Finance.)

Due to my legal bills coming due – you know the ones that I have incurred as a result of Lovey – I sent Lovey the following email:

-------------- Original message ----------------------
From: "Frank" <
> Hi...
>
> Is there anyway that you can cover this for the Marine? I have a humongous
> legal bill that is due to my attorney at the same time this is due (the
> 21st)...which is making things very tight for me.
>
> Let me know.

-------------END----------------

Now, folks, keep in mind that the marine owes me about $2,500 from loans in the not too distant past. He’s never made a full effort to pay those back. So, it’s not like I’m a bad parent or ignoring is pleas. I’m just a bit tired of being Mr. Moneybags and no one helping me or trying to take care of me.

I digress.

So, Lovey responded about how she would do it “this time”….but she made it clear how difficult her life was and how she was struggling financially….and how she doesn’t have the earning power that I have……blah…..blah.

Finally, at the end of her message is where she zinged me about the possible six-hour trip to North Carolina, and the wonderful two nights I’d get to spend with HER!

Six hours each way in a car with Lovey – that’s an interesting concept…..very interesting! I’d have a captive audience and I could finally let everything out that has been building for two years.

Oh my!

No comments: