Friday, July 20, 2007

Not So Bad After All!

I suppose I’m not as bad as I first thought.

Lovey provided this response to my email.

From: Lovey
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 4:54 PM
To: Frank
Subject: Re: The Trip: Rethought

Hi! Excellent rational thinking, Frank - you are right. It is stressful to pull it off, and the fact that either or both of us go doesn't guarantee he'll think anymore of us. AND, if just one of us goes, that will just put the other one in the "dog house," not that I worry about that too much since we're talking about the marine.

I'm glad you've had some good visits with him. I wish I could really enjoy him with no holds barred. But everytime I see him, he has other places to go and lots of friends to catch up with. AND, he only calls me when he needs something. I do wish he could just call and see how I'm doing some time, or just tell me he's doing well - it doesn't have to be about me, but I'd rather it not always just be about him.

I asked him how he was coming up and getting back in September. Without knowing what you shared about his plans, I strongly suggested that he get a ride back to Camp Lajeune so that his car will already be up here (wherever - I don't have room, and I don't think Mom should become his garage either - he doesn't pay her any mind when he visits, and I don't want him to use her). I think we both need to tell him that we will not be going to NC or anywhere else to pick up his car - that is HIS responsiblity alone. (I'm not feeling real charitable at the moment after spending over $600 on him yesterday - I haven't gotten back anything I ever loaned him except once. If he has difficulty paying me back within the month this round, I will not loan him another dime. I love him, but I don't love being used.

Please tell our son that you will not be able to help him get his car if he insists on driving it back to the base in September. That's just stupid and poor planning - it's more convenient for him to have his own wheels than to take a bus or other transportation back. Then it would be work for us - I am totally unwilling to help with that, and I hope you are unwilling as well.

I haven't told him I was definitely coming, and my time with two churches and district ministerial duties is busy. I think the idea of trying to have some time with him when he comes up in September is good.

Pardon my venting -it's not with you but the situation,
Lovey

---------------------------END-----------------------


This was only one of the many emails from Lovey I received yesterday.

It's kind of amazing.

Oh well....her and her dramas/issues aren't mine any more.

Thank goodness.

1 comment:

bear said...

Of course communication was the key. And respect...perhaps even MORE important since communications can be sparse and words can unintentionally hurt. Yeah, she drives you nuts, but she's not your enemy, she's still family if you think about it...