Saturday, July 28, 2007

My Son

I finally got through to the marine yesterday. I had been trying to call him for several days to see if his bullet proof vest arrived. It's the one that he had "forgotten" here.

I shipped it out early in the week. I took it to FEDEX and shipped it via ground for only $10. It took about 2 days. I thought that it would cost a small fortune. But it didn't. I was so thankful.

Money is tight around here these days. The money tree died back in March.

While I had him on the phone, I asked if he had heard whether he's a dad or not. He grew annoyed with me. He said that he hadn't talked to his girlfriend since she told him that she felt like she wasn't pregnant, but she had no tangible proof. She hadn't taken a home pregnancy test....or seen a doctor.....and she had not had a period yet.... But she still doesn't "feel" pregnant.

The marine says he will address this topic with her next month.

Next month?!?


Oh well, it's not my potential baby. But it's so weird that no one seems to want to find out for sure, but me. Grandma Lovey has no idea about all this.

So we wait.

I think the marine and his girlfriend are playing games........with one another.

It's things like this and other issues that make me hope and pray that there is NO baby....and that the Marine and this girl do not become lifelong companions.

So we shall see.

No comments: