Sunday, August 08, 2010

Another Day

It is a beautiful Sunday morning here in the DC metro area. My daughter is upstairs running around at this writing getting ready to go to her church. She has announced that she wants to go with me to mine at 11am. So I must pick her up at 10:30. My dear friend, the Associate Pastor is preaching today...and he has asked that I videotape it. I have agreed to do so. So this will be a very neat experience.

Life continues to be going well for me. I really have no complaints.

I know of a few areas where I need to improve myself....and to get over some little fears that I have.

But don't we all?

One of the things that I have worked on....and I'm really proud of is the fact that I enjoy my company. I have come to really like me as a person. I am comfortable finally in my own skin. I detest drama and pretense.

I am also enjoying alone time.

Now, if I can just get over the fear of taking long trips by myself...

For the most part, I think that if there is no man out there for me -- ever -- I think I could be happy alone with myself.

This is certainly a mouthful....and it has taken a very long time for me to reach this point.

And...to my new pal in cyberspace, Ron. Thanks for your comments of encouragement....I am learning a lot from you.

2 comments:

Ron said...

Frank,
You have discovered another secret to happiness and contentment. You are your own best friend. While it is nice to have someone to come home to and talk about your day, it is also nice to have time to yourself.

Ironically, I just returned from a visit to an apartment I lived in back in 1964. That was the was the last time I lived alone. I wanted to take pictures of it for my Memory Book because I didn't have any. Visiting that little garden, two room, efficiency apartment in Coatesville, PA brought back fond memories of that early time in my life. It also brought back memories of the loneliness that I experienced living alone in that apartment.

At that time I too was looking for that special someone. After two false starts, it happened when and where I least expected it. It will happen with you too. You're too nice to be alone for long. Someone will snag you. Trust me.
Ron

Paul said...

You said "For the most part, I think that if there is no man out there for me -- ever -- I think I could be happy alone with myself."

Bingo! I believe your days alone are coming to an end. With an attitude like that, you won't come across desperate or unhappy in your own skin. You will find someone sooner than later - but take your time, go for someone of quality who matches you.