Friday, August 20, 2010

Out of the Blue - 2

It has been a good morning thus far. Beautiful blue sky. Nice late summer day.

It is Friday.

And I just got of the telephone from another caller that came "out of the blue."

I've spoken of my crushes that I have. These are all men that I am attracted to and for whom I have felt that gentle squeeze on my heart that tells me that I could definitely feel more than just the good feelings one feels when experiencing animalistic passion between the sheets.

This particular gentleman and I have been friends for six months. He's younger than me. I met him through friends...and I've had the opportunity to spend a little time with him. It has all been good. I wrote about him back on July 21.

He's the guy that is married, who kissed me full on the lips in front of his wife at Gay Pride. Back on July 21, he and his wife were on the way out of town for vacation, but she wanted to get to know me better. So we spent the time talking about a host of things. I just totally felt comfortable with both of them. He is the man that's wife knows of his gayness....who wants him to have a partner.

Just now he called to say that him and her have finally settled into their new house. They want me to come to dinner....and to meet his mother!

His mother?!!!?!?!?

Of all my crushes....this man has managed to move into first place.

It is all I can do to keep my mind focused....and to play cool when I am around him.

This could all just be his desire to have friends and I could be one of many. It could all just be in my head....the thoughts that he might be scoping me out.....etc.....etc.

I realize that.

But over dinner this evening it will be great to enjoy his closeness......his attentiveness......his kindness...... and just to make eye contact with him.

And to daydream...

1 comment:

Ron said...

Wow. I am impressed. By the way, the best way to meet that Someone is usually through friends. They have already been prescreened and have no other agendas. Usually the guys on the dating sites are about sex or looking for someone to take care of them. These days the bars are not a good place for meeting a decent guy. The last time I went to a gay bar (five years ago in the winter when I was housesitting for a friend in Rehoboth), most of the men were HIV positive.

Just be patient and be yourself. It will happen. I'm excited for you.