Monday, August 23, 2010

Why is the Fantasy Always so Much Better Than in Real Life?

I have thought a lot about this man named Jake who was our waiter last night at dinner. He was such a cutie and so sincere.

But to be very honest here....I kind of wonder if he was just out after a larger tip.

No note.

No communication at all.

Ah...why is the fantasy always so much better than real life?

Oh I could conjure up all kinds of scenarios with the man from Friday night......or picture a perfect romantic evening with Dan......or think up most any type of situation involving any of those men I am friends with that I have the crushes for....

But they are never going to happen the way that I picture them....

Why can't they?

2 comments:

Ron said...

As a waiter, Jake is in the customer service business. No doubt you're not the first customer he had that flirted with him. Jake was just doing his job, being kind to you. Perhaps he found you attractive or perhaps you were just another naive older man impressed by his beauty. Whatever the reason, I wouldn't be too disappointed by his lack of response. Take the experience for what it was, a pleasant night out with your daughter and a little harmless flirtation with an attractive waiter.

Ron said...

By the way, sometimes fantasies do come true. And when it does, it is wonderful. I've been there. It is worth every minute and hour that you wait for it to happen. It will happen.