Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm Doable...

Had an opportunity to spend time with a friend today. He and I spent a hunk of time catching up on various facets of our lives.

He is a good looking guy and he is eligible. He also said once that he needed to become more aggressive when it came to me. So I considered him as a distinct possibility for dating.

BUT...when I chatted with him today, he announced that he was in a committed relationship with a married man. He has been involved with him for 10 years....and he knows that it is not going to go anywhere.

Asl he chatted, he then told me that he thought I was quite attractive and quite "doable."

"Doable!"

Should I be offended or should I feel flattered?

I am "doable."

When I pressed him on this...he said that he would be happy to take me to bed. He thought we could tear up the sheets.

As I thought about this....what good is tearing up the sheets when there is nothing left after the moaning stops?

Are my standards too high?

Am I too picky?

Is there actually a man out there some place who is seeking something more like I am?

Where are you guy?

I'm "doable."

3 comments:

joep32 said...

I read this blog and a few others regularly as I am a gay man still married to a woman. Your post particularly troubled me. It seems many guys in similar situations who chose to come out to the wives, divorce and move on to a fuller life have not been able to find the intimacy they had and seek. If, the sexual satisfaction will diminish over time (as some suggest), was coming out worth the lonely existence you and other others write about? Where are the bloggers who have found that intimacy??

Frank said...

I suppose the coming out process was worth it in that I am able to finally be authentic to myself and not hide a portion of who I am to people that I care about.

Sexual opportunities have actually increased for me....and even my overall drive has increased substantially. I've experienced true love with a man...and that was so awesome in so many ways: to be able to be the man I was created to be.....so I have no regrets.

I am struggling with the dating world.... I have no real experience actually. My relationship with Lovey happened kind of accidentally...

So this is a painful learning experience...BUT...I am hopeful that I will meet someone very special. I have had so many near misses....there's got to be a man for me!

Hang in there guy.

I am hopeful...even though I am bitching right now.

Ron said...

"Doable" is not good enough. It's funny, but this is the second time this week I've heard this term "doable." Frank, everyone is "doable." All that means is someone can have sex with you. What's that? That's a problem I've had all my life, I've been "doable." I've never accepted that. I guess I'm just too much a romantic but I wanted more and sometimes I have achieved that wonderful state. There is nothing like it. In reference to joep32's comment, he is right that sexual satisfaction will diminish over time. It always does. While it is wonderful to be sexually attracted to someone and to start out a relationship that way, a true relationship has to be base on more than just a physical sexual attraction. I would not advise having a relationship with someone who tells you that you're "doable." In fact, I would be insulted at such a comment directed to me. Keep your standards high Frank.