Sunday, August 22, 2010

Is It Friendship or Is It Something More?

Mixed signals...I hate 'em.

When I receive 'em...I get very frustrated with myself because I have just enough timidity to not want to explore it further and find out what kind of signal is being sent.

Is it for friendship?

Is it for friends with benefits?

Is it for something way better than any of the above?

Who knows?

Friday night I was invited to dinner with "that man" who has the wife. The story is that she wants him to find a "partner"...and he kissed me in front of her, God and everyone else in the middle of this year's Pride. What's with that?

Oh, it wasn't a tongue inspection of my tonsils or upper throat region....but it was a kiss....full on the mouth and lips....and a BIG hug...with an apology of wanting to spend more time with me, but physically being unable to do so because of leg surgery.

He and I have had dinner....where he introduced me fully to his wife back in July. (See July 21st post.)

Then this past Friday, I am invited to his new house to meet his mother.....and spend time with he and his wife...

Upon my arrival, I realized I had left the little housewarming present sitting on my kitchen counter. Felt like a heal...(when I told him this later...he says, "Well, you have another excuse to come back!")

So, I found the new house...and pulled into the driveway. As I was getting settled and ready to exit the car, the front door opens and he walks out alone to meet me. There he was....all tanned....all cute.....my heart melted. But then this is nothing new it always does when I am around him. I get all tongue tied and can't think of things to say....or when I do say something I thnk I babble.

Anyway, there he is....all 6'3" or 6'4" of himself. I approach him and there he goes again...

A big kiss on the lips.....and a big bear hug.

Right there in front of God and his neighbors.

I floated into his house.....said hello to his wife. She gave me a great big hug...... Then I made my way over to his mom....shook her hand.

He and his wife then gave me the grand tour of their home. In a nonchalant way, they informed me that they each have their own bedrooms and sleep alone.

My goodnes I thought.....with a husband like this and you sleep by yourself! WHEW!

The evening flew by....and I got to know them even better. But, it got to be "that" time when I had to drive home. He lives about 10 miles from me. They made all kinds of plans as to what all we could do together....explore DC......he wants to watch me do a photoshoot....he wants to join my gay bowling league....

We then walked out into the night to my car-- me, he and she. I hugged her good night.....and walked over to him. It happened AGAIN. He wrapped those big strong arms around me......put his lips on mine.....and releaed me to go to my car.

It took my breath away.

Is it friendship he's after or is it for something more?

Stay tuned and perhaps we will all find out together!

2 comments:

Ron said...

Frank, this is out of my realm of experience. I have never heard of a situation like this. I anxiously await developments. Interesting, very interesting.

Java said...

I have no clue, either. I suppose you could come right out and ask him.