Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Departure Plans

Well, the date that #1 finally leaves for El Salvador is now less than 3 weeks away.

I told her that to celebrate her new home, I would help sponsor a farewell open house in her honor. I also told her that she could invite anyone she wanted, but that she would need to get a count for me to be able to have enough food, refreshments, cake, etc.

So, we've been trying to get ready for this.

One of the most important people she invited was her mom, Lovey. I think this only appropriate and right. After all, she is her mom.

Well guess what?

Her mom has other important matters to attend to! She can't come.

In my mind this only adds to the times that Lovey has not been there or taken part in something that was important to the family or the children.

But, I bite my tongue and say nothing because I will come off as "harsh", "bitter" or "difficult."

Familiar adjectives used for me.

1 comment:

bear said...

Weird. I hope she's not doing this just to spite you (because you suggested the party adn not her.)
Anyways, perhaps there is another date she can suggest? (Or something she can plan instead for #1.) Though, I trust your instincts to not go there...