Sunday, January 07, 2007

An Interesting Day

The kids and I have had a great weekend.

We've spent our time eating, sleeping, and going to the mall and seeing movies. I didn't get into bed until close to 3am this morning because we were catching up on back episodes of Law@Order Special Victims Unit....which I had DVRd over New Year's Eve.

We had a blast.

Than, my son called at 2:30. He's going through a lot. That will be a good topic for a later post.

This morning we slept in late....and by the time we got up....we realized it was too late to go to the church we had planned. So, the girls went ahead and had lunch with their mom....and I visited with a couple of friends over lunch.

Around 4:00, I got a call from one of the girls. They said that they and their mom wanted to come into my house and have some margaritas, and to play ROOK (a card game). So, I agreed.

It was a very fun time...all in good humor. Lovey was more relaxed than I had ever seen her....but it's clear she is having issues on many different levels. It's refreshing to know that they are not my issues. Thank goodness.

Life certainly throws us a lot of curves....

WHEW.

No comments: