Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Everything Takes Time

I'm writing this early in the morning.

I called in sick both yesterday and today.

My stomach is all messed up. I'm not sure if it was something I ate....or if it's just because of all the stuff I've been dealing with...or all the changes I've had in my life.

I felt like I needed some time for just me. #1 is still working through this Friday at her job. So, that gives me the time to think...to write......to rest....to finally do what Frank wants to do.

After all these years of doing what was required of me to take care of the wife....the kids....the dog.....it's very strange to be doing something for ME!

I have to get used to this. Really.

#2 had a job interview with a video production firm yesterday in Nashville. It specializes in music video production. But, she didn't get it. It was for a trainee position, entry level....and she was afraid that she would get sucked into a career path she really didn't want to follow. She wants to perform.....and write......a la Sheryl Crowe.

She has the talent.

It's all a matter of getting heard by the right folks.

So, we'll see. I'm trusting that all will work out for her benefit. It just takes time.

Everything takes time.

I'm still miffed by the fact that Lovey can't see her way clear to attend #1's bon voyage party. Since the party was #1's idea, I don't think that her unwillingness to attend has anything to do with me.

This is just how it has always been with Lovey. All things church come first. Things like family....family gatherings....and the like are WAAAAAAY down on the list!

One day she'll get it hopefully.....

The importance of her family.

I hope.

Everything takes time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frank:

Sorry to hear of the “tummy thing” take care of your health – and keep an eye on your blood sugar. Leave Lovey to her own priorities, I know it was tempting to say something but you were wise to let the “opportunity” pass. Yes it is hard to see your kids disappointed, and I am sure that your daughter was/is/will be, but any negative statement on your part will appear to be an attack on her mother, that will be one more disappointment for your daughter and you do not want that. We can not set another’s priorities (I have a hard enough time setting my own).

Of course what goes around comes around – I recall the Harry Chapin folksong “Cats in the Cradle”. You will know that you have really dealt with this when Lovey asks why her children are not closer and you can avoid throwing this in her face; even if she asks most likely she would view the answer as an attack, and that would help no one.

Rick