Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wednesday Afternoon


My attorney sent over a copy of the separation agreement to Lovey's attorney this afternoon. It reflects our changes and what we have agreed to verbally. If Lovey can focus on this, this part of things will be over and means the divorce can be finalized in a matter of weeks -- thank God!

The feelings I have are profound sadness and a bit of uncertainty. A very troubling chapter of my life is closing.

What do I want for the future?

Do I want to stay alone for the rest of my life?

It surely would be a lot easier in some respects.... I can come and go as I please. I don't have to worry about keeping any other people happy.

But then, there is that comfort of having someone to wake up next to in the mornings....or hearing them breath in the middle of the night.

One thing is for certain and I know this for sure: I am good husband material. I have a lot of love to give.

If I do partner with someone, I will put that person first and cherish and honor them(as I did with Lovey), but in return, I expect the same treatment.

I need to have that if I'm going to commit to someone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I would not attempt to make a decision as to being forever single or to be partnered; be open to either. Be among people who do what you like to do, because that will make you happy. If the Lord has a Mr. Right out there for you, he will most likely be among those people doing what you like to do. And if there isn't a Mr. Right out there, well at lest you will be having fun doing what you enjoy.

Rick