Monday, January 08, 2007

Neural Receptors....

It's a cold, dark and rainy morning here in Alexandria, VA.

I tried to sleep in as late as possible, because I had that feeling.

The feeling that comes when I know that I'm gonna be "blue."

I've talked a lot about this to my doctor. I can be happy as a clam....and BOOM it hits, almost without warning.

My doctor says that this is a normal "side effect" of my diabetes. The diabetes causes peole to "blow" neural receptors that conduct seratonin across the brain. And when you blow one of these, it brings on the blues. So, I guess I have blown 'em.

It's not Lovey, or the fact that I saw her last night.

It's not the divorce.

It's not the separation.

It's all physiological. I can take antidepressants for it, but that introduces a whole set of other side effects that I would just as soon not deal with.

So, I just try and keep moving...and not give into the depression and feel sorry for myself.

#2 is here and I need to spend some quality time with her. She had breakfast with her mother before Lovey left for a ministerial meeting. Now she wants time with her daddy. So, I'm gonna give it to her.

Time to finish my coffee and go take off my pajamas and put on some real clothes for the day ahead.

Blown neural receptors and all...

No comments: