Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Look

Tonight I had the privilege of taking my twin daughters out to a mexican restaurant we love.

It had been a long day. I was tired. But eager to spend as much quality time with them as I could.

But something happened that is in keeping with some of my earlier posts this year, and I thought I would share them.

Although the restaurant was crowded, we were led to our seats almost immediately. Then it happened....

As I followed them to our table, there was a table filled with couples who were having a grand time. There was a very attractive man sitting at the opposite end facing us as we approached. He looked up...and locked eyes with me.

It was "that" look. You know the one. The one that strikes your soul and hits you in the gut. The one that strikes at your very core. The one that makes you feel naked...or at least make you wish you were.

In keeping with my resolve to enjoy myself and to be relaxed....I kept staring at him and I slowed my pace.

As we approached closer, I was able to look forward and swivel only my eyes subtly. He did the same and I watched his eyes....they gave me a full body scan.

And we passed by.....

We were seated so that we faced his back.

But as we ate and kept watching him, he actually got up and moved to the other end of the table and kept looking my direction....as I was looking at him.....discreetly. He, like me, obviously enjoyed what he saw.

So then something inexplicable happened....

He got up to go to the restroom twice and each time he turned and looked at me when he was out of view from his table!

Yes, I was being hit on!

Had I been there alone, I would have no doubt followed him and given him my business card and said hello. But tonight, with my girls, I didn't move.

Inside, I felt like a million bucks.

Why?

Because the handsome stranger, at the table with his wife or girlfriend and others apparently desired me.

Yeah, me, the one guy who has felt very undesireable for a long while!

WHEW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who-hoo! The man is being scoped out!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Admirable restraint on your part. But not sure if I would have let the "opportunity" pass by. Given that you had a business card at the ready for a quick "call of nature" would not have been rude to your daughters. It would also have been a way to thank a man who so obviously wants to be friendly ;-)

Then back to the girls and who knows; next week when the girls leave you could find out if the ladies at his table were maybe just good friends. Just a thought.