Monday, March 05, 2007

Another Good Day

This has been another good day.

I'm trying to figure out what makes the difference between a good one and a not so good one. I've decided that I have a good day when I feel like I've accomplished something. Or, when I feel good about myself...as in enjoying th emany blessings that I have experienced and the fact that each passing day moves me that farther away from the hurt of June 9, 2005 -- my separation.

This week I have the honor of serving as the acting office director. Next week I am headed to Philly for 3 days on business. And, well, things are really happening in my life.

I got to spend some time tonight encouraging a friend from one of my online support groups. It's really good to feel like I've helped someone else on his journey....and perhaps made him smile or outright laugh.

Before I came here to write, I checked my emails. I got a message from one of the heads of the men's group at MCC, the church I attended yesterday. He sent me the release about the next Bible study, and then sent me a personal message about how good it was to have me at church on Sunday. He also said it was very important to his overall wellbeing, to be able to worship God in a safe environment.

I believe this...

It certainly did me a world of good to be able to go and enjoy meeting all the new people.....and to just be me.

This is certainly a new experience....going to church without a mask...just being able to be the man that God created me to be.

What a relief!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Truely a good day!