Saturday, March 10, 2007

Friday Report

Yesterday was a big day.

Lovey and her attorney decided that they would finally accept the terms of the separation agreement. So, my attorney called and asked if I could be at her office at 1:30pm to sign the agreement.

Yes, to actually sign the Separation Agreement. This is the agreement that I have waited to sign for almost two years.

The moment arrived and I signed the original and four copies. I also had to initial each page. So it took a while.

So after all that, I paid the attorney and wrote my first alimony check.

Then I went to my gay married men's support group. I was so sad...and it has been this way the entire day. I guess the fact that I signed one of the main documents makes the whole thing real. It moves from being a concept to something concrete...and it hurts.

Really bad!

I've spent all day just doing errands and trying to change my mood. Tears have fallen all day long......

I'm so tired...

I need to sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Play yourself some Staples Singers. "Oh Happy Day" might lift your spirits.

Anonymous said...

Frank:
I think that you are in morning. That is only natural, even if there was abuse in your marriage, that relationship also brought rewards that kept you in it for so long. Also it may well represent to you your youth, we all look back fondly at the time when we remember everything seemed to be possible and all we had to do was choose. Of course, as long as we are alive, the same possibilities exist. We are sure of exactly the same number of days ahead of us (today). I think that you have found out recently that you can look forward to some very interesting times.
Let the tears fall, they are only tears; they tell us when we are not laughing. Get some rest, breath deeply and watch as the tears wash away what you currently feel. Or are they quenching some glowing embers so that the Phoenix can rise once more? I wish that you path was smooth, right now its not. Hugs.

bear said...

Yeah, these things are always sad. I think it's because we remember thinking and hoping for a future that we know can no longer be? It's finalization, like a funeral...so it makes sense to mourn. Hang in there.