Friday, March 23, 2007

The Great Mystery


I am troubled by a great mystery.

I would have thought that this mystery would have been solved with the signing of the separation agreement. Now, I can only hope that the signing of the final divorce documents and the ultimate divorce will settle this once and for all.

So here it is.

Why do I remain so sad and depressed?

Lovey’s life with me apparently was “hell” as she so well described it.

My life with her was “hell”, but at the time I didn’t realize it.

I don’t want her back and I want nothing to do with her going forward. Minimal contact with her is best. After any dealing with her, I nosedive into a funk.

To me, she has become toxic.

So.

Here I am, a middle-aged gay man. I’ve been set free. I now call the shots in my life. I make all the decisions without any input from her or having to go through her for clearance.

I’m free!

Why can’t I be happy about it and dump the sadness?

It’s a mystery.

1 comment:

Bigg said...

I think you ARE slowly leaving the bad times behind, Frank... But some things can't be escaped, only endured until they're over. From your latest post, it sounds like the clouds are beginning to lift a little, and I'm hoping that things will continue to look up for you.