Friday, March 16, 2007

Things Appear to be Moving

Last Friday I signed the paper work for the separation agreement.

Today I received the paper work in the mail that says that Lovey is now moving toward the divorce.

HALLELEUJAH!

It's only taken two years.... My only wish is that this had been done a long time ago.

As I read the documents, I noticed a small little foot note.

In the early days following the separation, Lovey made this big deal about keeping my surname. This was because she wanted it to be the same as all our children's names. It didn't bother me one way or the other. But she made such a big deal out of it.

Well, in today's documents, it said that she intends to go back to her maiden name!

So, once again, Lovey has changed her mind about something.

Oh well.

Hopefully now within 10 weeks I will be a free man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading this one made me smile. My ex was always so proud of her family name, and yet, equally reluctant to ever do anything I suggested. Being contrary myself, I had it put in one of our agreements that she would have to change her name back. Guess what, she ended up not doing it. I know it's childish, but I always wanted to do one of those "HA HAs" like Nelson on the Simpsons.

Anonymous said...

One more step along the path. I am sure that the final divorce decree will bring with it many mixed feelings just as the separation agreement did. But you are free now to be the Frank that you really are, you do not need to wait 10 weeks.