Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bedtime at Frank's

It has been a very long and busy day for me.

Before I left for the office this morning, a gay couple from church sent me an email and invited me to dinner tonight. It was so good to just relax for a little while and be with friends.

While at the restaurant we talked about all kinds of things. And on top of all this, we had the cutest of waiters. He couldn't keep his hands off me. He was touching my right shoulder....rubbing my neck, patting my hand.

My friends noticed it....and on top of everything else, the waiter didn't charge us for any of the drinks we had!

Gosh, it makes me want to go back there alone....to see if he is as attentive then. LOL.

On the way home, I noticed a crowd of cars at Lovey's mom's house. So, I thought I'd drop by to say hello....and to see how they were doing. I planned not to stay very long.

When I went in...I was met by Mom O'Lovey......her sister with Alzheimer's, the Good Dentist, one of Lovey's younger sisters, and there was Lovey!

These days Lovey is just not looking well. In fact, tonight she looked like HELL! But I didn't say anything and I kept the chatter liht. Lovey announced that she had had her colonoscopy today. She wasn't feeling well....it took them over an hour to wander through her colon. The doctor's conclusion is that she has a "redundant colon" which means it just doesn't work properly to move things out. It wants to keep things in. AND, since the procedure was not until this afternoon, that explains why she has been having such a hard time.

She's been working on a scrapbook of her trip to El Salvador....and showed me how far she has gotten.

She asked how I was doing.

I told her that I was feeling great!

I am....and I'm looking forward to how my life continues to improve....

THIS IS MY YEAR for FUN.....for ROMANCE......and for exploring my spirituality.

But first, I'm fading and need to go to sleep.

Goodnight everyone!

2 comments:

bear said...

Hey, you gotta love the flirty waiter. Free drinks! Hmm, I wonder if you shouldn't go back and see. It's scary and can feel awkward but I spent a lot of time trying to be comfortable being alone in public (not just when I was with friends) when I was "available/looking" because I do think it makes you more approachable and sends a clear message that you're not "taken"...being around a lot of others can be intimidating for anyone who might be interested. Friends are good though, too since they usually have other "friends" for you...Looking forward to reading about any new romance! lol.

Anonymous said...

Frank;

I second the motion. Go back and get a second opinion on the waiter, he may be just after good tips or … For your own peace of mind, find out which.

Rick