Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Late Night Telephone Call

Last night I went to bed relatively early.

Just as I dozing, the phone rang.

It was #2!

“He left me a message Daddy,” she said. “He asked me to call him.”

Ah, Mr. Bodybuilder strikes again!

“So, I called him. He referred to me as sweetheart and sweetie!”

“Aw,” I said. “That really is sweet of him.”

“It creeped me out, Dad! I’ve never had anyone do this before. Isn’t it kind of odd that he has started this?”

“No, #2. It means that he is growing comfortable with you as a person. It means that he likes you. Enjoy it. Enjoy the attention.”

“But Daddy.”

“You’re over analyzing things again,” I intoned with my deep fatherly voice. “Breathe.”

“Okay.”

“And keep me posted.”

“Rest well Daddy. I love you.”

“Love you too!”

With that, I hung up and rolled over….satisfied in my knowledge that #2 is on her way to a big adventure!

No comments: