Monday, March 17, 2008

Out of the Ashes @ 2


I can hardly believe it!

It was two years ago today that I began this little blog. I had no clue what the response would be...or if anyone would want to read of my trials and tribulations.

I had been separated less than a year and I was totally fearful of the future. I was so unsure of myself and just generally a mess.

Probably my most major concern at the time was if I were going to make it financially....and would I survive alone.

So here I sit, two full years later...counting my blessings.

I'm doing fine.

I'm also here to say that yes, there is life following the end of a longterm marriage. Oh, sure there is still some residual anger on my part.....and I still have the occasional aftershock from being this age and being single. But oh the growth I've experienced!

I'm a lot more comfortable with myself... I'm even more comfortable with the gay thing. I've established an excellent network of friends and acquaintences. I'm genuinely happy with myself. My health has improved drastically.

In a couple of months I will turn 50 years old.

My kids are off to te four corners of the world. They're happy.

I'm happy.

So many of you have been a blessing to me. When I've gone through very black periods of uncertainty, you've been there to offer encouragement and telling me, "Frank, you're going to make it!" or "Frank, you're going to be so much better off!"

And yes, some of you have even kicked me in the butt sometimes.....but looking back on all that, you did it when I needed it.

So, this little blog may not have millions of readers.....but it does seem to be helping some of you. For that, I will continue to write.....and share my innermost thoughts.....the pains and the joys of a single gay man.....trying to find his way in the world.

Thank you for reading....and the comments and the email.

It certainly has been quite a journey down the country road!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing, Frank.

I turn 50 in 6 months, so I am learning so much from someone older and wiser.