Friday, March 07, 2008

A Fit of Envy


Quietly I am envious of #2.

I’m jealous of her youth….of her talent……of her looks……of her romance.

There! I’ve said it!

No, I’m not wishing I were a woman.

But I am quite the antithesis of her. I’m getting older now…my youth has definitely faded. On May 1 I turn fifty.

FIFTY!

I don’t have her talent or her looks. Youth has its advantages most definitely in the looks department.

I don’t have a romance budding.

She has a hunk that is after her. He’s an attentive one at that. He sends her flowers. He sends her sweet little text messages. He leaves her special email messages.

They go to movies and he holds her hand. He drives her home….and sits and talks.. No rush….He strokes her face and talks to her. He listens to what she has to say.

He takes her seriously. She’s the center of his life.

He compliments her. He says things to make her feel good about herself. It makes her self-esteem soar.

She is not his leftovers.

Gosh, if a man like that entered my life I’d probably faint dead away. Do they make gay guys like that?

Or…

Should I ask…

Do they make gay guys who are into 50 year-olds, that are like that?

No comments: