Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Little Slice of Heaven

Sometimes little gifts show up unexpectedly right when we need them.

To give a little background on this, there's a man at my church that I have a secret crush on. I've written about him before.... He's someone that is partnered....and someone that I don't know very well. To be honest, I haven't been sure if he even knows of my existence. When I have spoken to him or greeted him at church, he's always aloof....and a little distant. But still I have always shown myself friendly. Most usually he and I exchange pleasantries in the parking lot if we do at all as in this past Sunday.

If he were to ever express any interest in me I would faint dead away. But then, I'd immediately be a candidate for the Lazarus award because I'd immediately resurrect myself....and live happily ever after.

Most definitely he's trophy husband material. I can honestly say, if he were my husband.....and he came walking through my door every night....you would see one very happy camper, indeed.

But, at this point, he is happily partnered and has been for quite a while from what I can tell. I'd never do anything to disturb that...but it surely is fun to think about.

However, I did get to experience a little slice of heaven tonight. Imagine my shock at opening my email and finding that he had sent me a note today. I have no idea how he got my email address....I didn't give it to him!

It was an extremely friendly note. Among other things, he wanted me to know that I had crossed his mind....and he was wondering how I was doing. He said that he'd heard that I had been through a lot over the past few years....and that he was praying for me.

I've reread that email a dozen times this evening....

If his partnership were to ever end....and I don't see that happening....I find myself wondering if I should just lay my cards out on the table....and let the chips fall where they may? My one concern though is if I do that...and he would not be interested, it would make whatever friendship I have with him awkward at best...

However, if he did have feelings for me at that time...it could start a beautiful relationship.

Whatever!!!

His email to me this evening certainly has brightened my life considerably!

No comments: