Monday, March 31, 2008

Bedtime

This day is over!

And, boy, am I glad! It has been an odd one. I've felt like crying all day long.

Then, at dinner time......I got a colossal migraine headache. I believe this was my problem...brewing the past couple of days.

No, I'm not just one of those people who get a run-of-the-mill headache, and because it hurts, it's called a migraine. I've actually been diagnosed by a neurologist as having migraines.

It has been a few years since I've had one of this magnitude. Arcs of blue lights.....incredible pain.......exacerbated by noise......bright light......the works. As a matter of fact, the light from the computer screen bothers me and makes me have to squint!

This is the first one I've suffered when I've been totally alone....and it's a bit scary.

In times gone by, I've had family present who sort of stood watch over me.

Not tonight....

I'm alone, with my dog of course.

I've taken some meds...and laid quietly in my rec room on the couch.....eyes closed...in silence.... The only audible sound was that of my dog snoring next to me on the chair.

My meds are kicking in....the pain is lessening a degree......and already I can tell that whatever that mood was that I've had for two full days has passed.

Odd.

No comments: