Monday, March 03, 2008

So Much Stuff Happening!


I have been waaaaaaaay too busy. Everything seems to be just a blur.

My son, Josh, the marine, decided to buy a new car on Ebay. Remember now, this is the kid that is in Iraq, serving his country. He will not be home for almost three months. So my question to him has been, "Why do you need to buy a car, sight unseen....NOW? Like this?"

I guess I'm just not hip enough...the fact that I grew up in a totally different era and the use of logic show this tragic fact.

He found this car on E-bay. Had the older woman drive it down here from her home in Rhode Island....and he agreed to pay her air fare back to Rhode Island! I had to work out the little details like.....take the money out of the Credit Union.....go back and forth with him to get the right paperwork completed so that I had his official power of attorney so that I could transact business on is behalf.

Then, he had a major problem to face: where would the car be stored until he could retrieve it.

Grandma O'Lovey balked.....since I live in a townhouse development with assigned parking and very few visitor's spaces, I couldn't help. Finally he shamed Lovey into helping him.

So yours truly had to drive this car....under cover of darkness into the boonies of the Shenandoah Valley....and drop it off at Lovey's.

Now THAT was an experience for another post.

Stay tuned.

So, Josh is happy....his car is safely parked at his mother's. It's a nice car.....I hope it serves him well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a good dad. And tell your son thank you from me and my kids. J