Thursday, March 13, 2008

Off My High Horse!


I got off my high horse today and calmed down after the minor irritation I suffered from finding out that my daughter had been keeping a secret from me concerning Lovey’s new fellow.

It doesn't bother me in the least that she is dating again. Good for her! Maybe if she gets hooked up again, I can save a small fortune in alimony! What DOES bother me is the secrecy…. Lovey told #2….but told her not to tell me or #1.

Why?

She’s come out and inquired about my dating life directly. I had nothing to hide.

It’s just the principle of the matter that bugs me.

I expressed all this to #2…and she sent me this wonderful note:

You have a wonderful life, which if Mom only could see, I’m sure that she would be envious. You have friends. You have family. You have a wonderful job. You have a house that is your own that you have made into a home. You have a beautiful (although dumb) puppy dog. You have a church family. You are loved. Dwell on these things ….

The sun is still shining

I love you.

For me it seems like the sun is shining brighter and brighter each passing day.

I am VERY thankful!

No comments: