Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Change of Seasons

It looks like spring is almost here. The daffodils in my front yard have broken through the mulch. The grass is turning greener. The weather is improving vastly.

Spring and Summer are my favorite seasons. Easter is my favorite holiday. There is just something neat about everything coming to life after a cold, harsh winter.

This year I kind of feel like I'm coming to life too after a long harsh winter.

I'm blessed beyond measure. I feel well. I'm excited about the future. What's past is past.

As you know, it hasn't been an easy journey. At times I wondered if I would really make it. The sadness and feelings of failure totally consumed me like a tidal wave.

Now though, I feel content....and I'm happy.

This past Sunday, I officially joined Metropolitan Community Church. My buddies were very glad that I did and I felt really good about it. That church has given me back my love of spiritual things....and my interest in God.

For several years I went through a very dry place and almost quit going to church altogether. I am so thankful that I found this church and hadn't totally given up on God.

Sometimes that is very easy to do.

No comments: