Monday, March 10, 2008

The Beginning of a New Week

Gosh I didn't sleep very well last night. I just don't know what my problem is.

Too much caffeine?

Worry about the kids? My parents?

All these things danced through my head as I laid in the quiet darkness of my bedroom.

I still can't believe that in a very few short weeks, I will be 50 years old. Goodness. In some ways, it seems like a mere flash of time....and in other ways it seems almost like an eternity.

Was it really nearly 40 years ago that the Brady Bunch appeared on TV or the Partridge Family? I used to live for Friday Nights for those TV programs. It just seems like yesterday.

Then I fast forward.

I came to the Washington DC area in 1978 -- that was 30 years ago! My children arrived in 1984 and 1986.

I used to say that one's life is very much like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it spins!

Cheery thoughts...huh?

So, in a few moments, I'm going to get up out of this bed and begin my day. A lot earlier than normal, but still it's Monday...and I could use the time to et some things done at the office.

I got to chat with my daughter in El Salvador finally. She has been so busy with all the stuff she does down there that there hasn't been much time for anyone else. She hadn't even had time to sit down and visit with her twin sister..... So I patched her into the call too.

#2 broke the news about Mr. Bodybuilder. Oh my goodness....the twins started speaking rapid fire twinspeak. It was amazing. Then, #1 complained that nobody ever tells her anything! LOL.

Well, if she communicated with her family once in a while, she might learn some things!

I've got so much to do around this hous beginning when I get home tonight. I have to finish my laundry....and prepare my rec. room for the Men's Bible Study Wednesday evening.

Next weekend I go to the Gay Men's Chorus spring presentation.

Oh my...still have taxes to do.

No comments: