Sunday, March 16, 2008

What a GREAT Weekend!!!


This weekend has been a very good one so far. If this is any indication as to how my life is going to be from here on out....It's so much better than I could have envisioned!

Friday night I gathered with friends at a local Bob Evans Restaurant. They put us at this big table and we laughed and talked for two full hours. I am so blessed to have these friends from my church. Each guy is gay and he has his owns story to tell about how life was sometimes not too kind to them. But they have survived...and are doing well.

Following the meal, we returned to one of their houses and played cards until the wee hours of the morning and continued our chatter. I left for the return home very uplifted.

Yesterday, I visited with the elderly lady who had called me early in the week. Although she is 88...she is still in great health and driving and happy. We spent two full hours talking and catching up over a mid-day meal.

I then stopped by Mom O'Lovey's to check on her and her sister. She's doing fine....

Then, I returned home and got ready for dinner last night and the Gay Men's Chorus' spring show, "That 80s Show." What great fun....and it brought back such warm and funny memories. Check out the Web site at http://www.gmcw.org/ and see the brief clip of one of their rehearsals.

Afterward, my friend and I stopped at IHOB for some late night coffee and reflections.

When I got home, I was so tired...and I slept like a rock. Today is church....and I'm tomorrow.

I'm amazed at how my life appears to be finally coming together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frank;

I am truly glad to hear your positive tone. Maybe you will recall some of this feeling on those days when things do not turn out quite as well.

Rick

John said...

You seem to be enjoying a life that is full of those things than anyone -- gay or straight, single or partnered -- longs for. What a great blessing for you!