Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Time to Get Busy

A new day has begun and I’m at the office wading through the horrendous number of emails and other stuff I missed on my day off.

I slept fairly well last night….but this morning I’m suffering the residual effects of that BAD migraine. My head is a little sore….and I have occasional little flickers of pain in the area where the migraine originated. This is all to be expected due to the severity of the headache. I’m just glad to be here and among the living once more.

When I get ill like that, I’m always a bit frightened because of being ALONE and this was the first major migraine I have had since living ALONE.

I’m happy to report that I have have survived to live another day.

Thank goodness.

I spoke with daughter #2 in Nashville again yesterday. Her relationship with Mr. Bodybuilder seems to be heating up even further.

I’m very pleased for her.

She seems so happy about things and her life does seem to be coming together really nicely.

I can only imagine how it must feel.

As I reflect on the period of life when I was that age and life was just opening up for me, I don’t think I was nearly as happy. Everything just sort of got eclipsed by the gay thing and I felt like I was being swept out to see with a rushing tide of emotions – never quite sure of how to respond…or what was expected or even accepted.

I just went through all the emotions.

Before I die….or get too old to relish it…..for once I’d like to have a life that is exciting….and that is full of love…..full of fun…..and to have someone to enjoy it with.

For once I want someone that is mine…..that I don’t have to lie to to…..or pretend to be something other than I am. I want to throw the leftover aspect of my life away. I don’t want to be anyone’s leftovers or sloppy seconds. I want someone who can treat me as number one…..not be ashamed of it……..who is trustworthy…..and won’t go have a fling here….or a fling there. Someone that’s over the slut stage.

I’m willing to give a special someone my all in every aspect.

Is it too much to expect that too?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually You're not expecting too much. Everyone needs that special someone as you described, it's a bit late but not too late and I think you can find him.
You shouldn't be alone next time dealing with that stupid migraine.