Thursday, April 17, 2008

#2 and Mr. Bodybuilder SPLIT!

My daughter and the bodybuilder have apparently called it quits.

#2, who normally is on the phone with me…..seeking my advice…..spilling her guts, etc., is awfully quiet these past couple of days. As she was telling me about the split night before last, she got very testy with me after I had asked her a couple of questions to better understand what had happened.

Immediately I became the enemy.

Dads just never seem to be able to win….er…..maybe I should rephrase to say that men never seem to be able to win when there is some conflict with a woman. So, I’ve just left her alone.

Hopefully she is okay and not going through a lot of turmoil. Who knows? Maybe they’ve patched things up.

I just don’t know.

The only thing that I felt confident about…and I never shared this with her or anyone else for that matter was the fact that I felt that he was a godsend into her life. Yes, I felt confident that their relationship would lead to something deeper…..and that he was “the one”.

But as with everything, we have free will….and we can choose to not follow what seems clear.

Or then I could be plain wrong.

So, I remain silent….and will remain silent….whether they do or don’t get back together -- all in a day’s work at trying to be a good dad.

No comments: