Monday, April 07, 2008

Am I Headed Down The Right Path?


I just let the dog out and thought I'd write a note for the blog.

It's super early.

The sun isn't up yet...and all in my neighborhood is still.

I've had a fitful night's sleep. I just couldn't seem to let myself relax and go to sleep. I'm tired...but I've got a full day ahead.

The weekend was a good one. I just didn't get everything I wanted to get completed. Oh well.

Tonight I have a board of directors meeting for my homeowner's association. We're getting ready to do some massive improvements to our curbs, sidewalks, and streets. We're also working to prepare for the annual meeting of our homeowners which takes place in May. The notices and such have to be mailed 30 days in advance...and that's what I have to work on today.

Just as soon as I finish this post, I'm going to jump in the shower and get ready for work. That way I can get off early and return home and print out all the stuff so that it can be prepared for the meeting.

Even my dog is resting fitfully.....he's whimpering and whining at the moment. Dreams...it appears that he is chasing something. Oh my...he's so much like me.

I love this time of the morning. I lie here thinking about my life and how it has come full circle.

I'm doing lots of things that I used to do before I was married. For example, I generally arise early....and pray.....and meditate before my day starts. I then go about my daily routine. I worry about my spirituality....and pray that I'm on the right path.

Am I on the right path?

What does a normal gay guy look like? What does he struggle with? What does he worry about?

Am I him?

What do gay, formerly married guys look like? How do they behave? What are their fears? What are their dreams?

Do they struggle with rights and wrongs? How do they deal with the ex-wife? Do they deal with the pangs of guilt....of failure......of pain.......of sadness......of bitterness.......that I have dealt with?

Do they get lonely?

1 comment:

Vic Mansfield said...

Yes, you are. And yes, I do worry about all those things. You are much farther down this path than I, but I feel/think/believe/hope that we are on the right path.

Being authentic, living the truth of who we are. The truth is the only thing that sets us free.