Friday, April 04, 2008

It's Friday: The Weekend is Here!!!!

I have so much to do this weekend! First and foremost is getting my taxes done. I am missing one document and it is driving me crazy.

Of course, I also dread this…passionately. This is my first time to file as a single man….and I know that I’m going to be eaten alive. So, I just need to suck it up and do what I have to do.

In the meantime, I’m also going to be working on getting the house in order for the birthday party!

When the weather breaks, I have to pressure wash the deck and the fence on the patio. I need to also pressure wash the patio…and get it painted so that everything looks spiffy for the gathering of everyone. Hopefully the weather will cooperate, and I’ll get to use the deck and patio as extra entertaining space.

I’ve also hired my niece as the official photographer of the day. That way I don’t have to worry about having the camera and running around getting shots and keeping all the food and beverages flowing. My daughter has volunteered to keep the food flowing.

I struggled with the idea of a caterer. But why worry with having all these strangers milling around in my kitchen? I’m just going to go to COSTCO. Get a ton of trays….fruit….veggies……wraps…….maybe macaroni salad……..potato salad…….coleslaw. Then a gigantic birthday cake….with my picture on it! (I’ve always wanted that….LOL!).

Then, I just want to kick back and enjoy my kids….and my parents…..after everyone has gone home.

Speaking of birthdays, I was invited to a wonderful small birthday celebration for my friend Ken who turned 39. A group of us took him to dinner at P. F. Chang’s and spent a couple of hours having stimulating conversation, scoping out the cute waiters, laughing and just enjoying one another.

Yesterday was a very GOOD day

No comments: