Sunday, April 06, 2008

Kinda Tough

I've spent all evenin going through very old paper work to shred.....and to try and get some things organized and cleaned before I throw my open house....on May 3.

Well, I've identified the stuff to shred.....but....in the process I succeeded in bringing myself a whole lot of anguish...and downright sadness. It's silly -- I know. After three years of being separated and almost having 1 full year of divorce, some things still bring me down.

I ran across receipts from the installation of the hardwood floors that I began installing in March 2005. This was all done at the insistence of Lovey because of her various allergies. Literally as I put down the last planks is when Lovey announced that she wanted the divorce.

So that memory triggered a ton of "other" memories....and well, I find myself exhausted. So I stopped.

I have to get over it.

So let's focus on other things.

I went to church this morning. I got to visit with my friends and to enjoy the presence of God. Then I went to lunch with the Lunch Bunch -- a group that gets together every Sunday for sharing a meal and enjoying each other's company.

I'm really relishing the fact that I have found such a fine group of women and men that I can call my friends.

Tomorrow starts another week.

No comments: