Monday, April 14, 2008

ME? A GOOD SAMARITAN?

You know, you all have heard me spend so much time whining and being down and depressed about my situation. Well, I've come a VERRRRRRRRYYYYYYY LOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGG WAAAAAAAAYYYYYY...

I've been blessed with a great job......my financial situation has settled and I've landed on my feet......I've got my car.....I've got my house...I've got my dog......I've got a great church.......tons of GREAT friends (YOU ALL)......I still have both my parents..........and I'm fixing to celebrate my big 50th birthday.

So tonight.....I went to Kentucky Fried Chicken to get a quick bite of dinner. I've spent the entire day going through very OLD paperwork. I've shredded so much stuff....my shredder has given out..... I've been cleaning....and organizing. I am making some great headway....but still have so far to go. I'm exhausted.

As I was standing in line, a black lady was in front of me in line...and she was ordering all kinds of stuff. When she handed them her credit card...they told her that the credit card machine was broken and that they could only accept cash. Her order totaled over $12....and she only had $5.

So, she was looking in her wallet......looking through her purse......and she was beginning to panic...and to be flustered..... So, I happened to have enough cash.....and I stepped up...and paid her order. She looked at me dumbfounded. I said, "Let me do this for you. I've been very blessed in my life.....let me share it." She was speechless....but quite grateful. So, I put in my order...and sat down...and ate my dinner. The lady kept telling me how much it had meant to her for what I had done....and that it would come back to me.

It already has.

Had to share...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah, that was so sweet of you. Very inspirational and I hope it rubs off on me. My tendency would be to just want her to get out of my way so I could order.

We talked about the Samaritans in church on Sunday. It's interesting to know that they were half-breeds looked down on by the Jews of the time. But yet at least one took compassion on his fellow man.