Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Y'all Gave Me A Real Big Belly Laugh!

I debated seriously on whether or not to post the birthday invitation here. I thought the picture would totally scare you away.

But in typical, supportive fashion, you've come back with some really cute quips. They made me laugh... I haven't laughed like that in months--perhaps even years! Thanks for being so kind and for giving me a wonderful time of laughter.

I've been daring with this birthday thingy. I've sent the invitation to a couple of individuals that at one time I was pretty close to. However, when they got wind of the divorce.....and of the fact that yours truly is gay as a goose.....well they dropped both Lovey and I.

BOOM.

They also dropped our two daughters....who they happen to be godparents of.

But that's another story.

I sent the invitation electronically as an attachment to the following e-mail.

H & L:

I haven’t heard from you all in ages! Hope you’re doing well! I’m doing terrific considering that the separation and divorce nearly did me in... But that’s all behind me...and it’s now time to get back on track...and move forward as best I can and get on with the business of living!

Well, my big day is fast approaching!

That's right, on May 1st I will be 50 Years Old! It's quite a milestone and to be honest, I am looking forward to it. You see, after all that I have been through, I finally feel that my life is getting back to normal....I'm happy and and looking for ways to have fun. My birthday is going to be the symbolic beginning of my brand new life...and to move on from the past.

So, on May 3, 2008, I'm gonna host an open house at my house in Alexandria from 1:00 - 5:00 in the afternoon. You can come as you are....sit....relax....eat.....and have fun....and mingle with my mom and dad.....and two of my kids....and a few other folks that I've decided to invite: neighbors.....friends from church......and the office.

So, c'mon and drop by. Help me begin the next stage of my life with a wonderful time of celebrating the blessings of God....and my new beginning!

Hope you can come.

The flier that #2 dreamed up is attached. My niece A took the picture....she did her best given what she had to work with....LOL.

Let me know if you can come or not by April 28....that way I'll have enough food for ya!. I’ve also included some new pics of me with the kids... ENJOY!

Lots of love...

Frank




They stopped sending Christmas Cards....or calling. The bad thing is that HE is the pastor of a large mega church in the shadow of the Blue Ridge Mountains here in Virginia.

Pity...

But then, it's his loss isn't it? I'm not such a bad guy to have around. I'm decent, hardworking, a Christian, an active church goer, and, oh, by the way, I'm queer as they come!

HORRORS! **GASP!**

No comments: