Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Blessings to Count

Today I had a few moments to regroup. I'm feeling much, much better from the way I felt over the weekend. While taking the time to think about my life, I've heard some distressing news from various co-workers and relatives.

It made me realize that I have so very much to be thank for. I really am counting all my blessings today.

I feel so guilty now for having felt so bad and be in such a dark place over the weekend. Look at all this and you'll see why I am especially thankful.

A co-worker has a 15 month old granddaughter who is suffering from a very large brain tumor that has caused her head to enlarge….it had paralyzed her and had stunted her overall congnitive development. Surgery has been performed to remove 70% of it. They're awaiting results to find out if the growth is malignant.

One of my subordinates had a new wife that tried to kill herself. She suffers from MS and they are having severe marital problems. The wife is planning to move out shortly. Divorce isn't far behind.

Another co-worker has blood clots in both lungs and in her leg and is hospitalized as they try to get rid of them.

Another co-worker, who retired about 3 years ago, is in a nursing home suffering from Alzheimers. She nearly died this weekend from complications.

I have some relatives suffering from the onset of Alzheimers. Other relatives have been hit hard by the recession and are struggling to make ends meet on their measly monthly public assistance they receive.

I have a cousin who has terminal lung cancer. He buried his eldest brother due to lung cancer last August. His baby brother died from in 2002.

The list just goes on and on and on.

And here I complain about how awful my life is just because all I have living at my house with me is my dog!

Is that pathetic or what?

I'm working on improving my attitude....and my overall quality of life. I'm determined to make 2008 my best year ever!

I spoke with #2 in Nashville today. Her plane tickets are purchased for my birthday weekend. She’s excited about coming home to be with her daddy on this momentous 50th Birthday. I’m beginning to get excited about that too!

I plan to surround myself with special people...and continue counting my blessings. I want to make sure that people know that I am well and looking forward to the future with excitement.

It's time to slam the door on my past.

Really.

No comments: