Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A Busy Day


This has been just the kind of day that I thrive on…one that is busy and full of activity. It seems that I ran from one meeting to another and another.

After my final meeting of the day, my good friend M called to invite me to ride with him to check out the cherry blossoms this afternoon. It was a wonderful day here. The temperature was in the low 70s and there were puffy white clouds everywhere.

A gentle breeze kept things moving.

M and I spent five hours together enjoying the sites and sounds of spring. I actually took time off from work and wandered around the Tidal Basin, the FDR Memorial and we finally had a late dinner at the Market Inn.

What a delightful time we had! M is someone that has a level head on his shoulders. He’s a gay buddy who has been going through some drama of his own with his partner. They seem to be in a cycle of breakup….make up…get along wonderfully well………things sour…….then they breakup……and makeup….and the cycle continues.

At any rate, he and I get along superbly. He told me about his troubles and trials….and love life problems……I told him about mine…..we laughed…..we watched all the young hot guys wandering around the cherry trees shirtless…..or jogging…. We counted our blessings……compared notes……and just enjoyed each other’s company.

I marvel at friendships such as this!

It’s amazing to have them.

I’m so thankful that M is in my life….to call me up on a whim and invite me to tag along with him to see the cherry trees.

God has been so good to bring many guys into my life like this!

I’m just shaking my head!