Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Readership of Out of the Ashes Continues to Climb

I'm very thankful that I appear to have gained a host of new readers to my little slice of blogdom. It's probably due to the fact that five other blogs have added me to their list of regular reads. So, I am very thankful that you have found me....and due to the soaring readership...and the number of repeats, I hope you're finding what I have to say useful.

******

I've heard from a couple of my friends who have just begun the long arduous process of separation....and headed to divorce -- all because of the gay thing.

My heart goes out to you.

I've been where you are.

I'm also here to say that there is life beyond....and as you grow.....and adjust to the change....you'll find it can be a very happy and joyous existence.

I thought I'd never reach this point. But, after three years, I'm proud to say that I am a lot closer to recovery.

It also has helped me to surround myself with a host of affirming and healthy friendships, a strong faith community, and I love to read other blogs and online resources about being gay. I've also been fascinated with all the things I've learned about gay history and gay culture. There is just so much out there.

If you're newly out....or just coming to terms with same sex attraction...I highly suggest that you begin looking at a lot of these historical documents and books. You'll be totally surprised at who some of your brothers and sisters are..... I'm amazed that some of my heroes that I had as a child...and who I looked up to, were GAY!

Horrors!

I'll provide details in a later posting...

The bottom line is that we gay folks are everywhere....even in IRAN.

You may live in a small town and perhaps feel like you're the only gay man or woman on the planet. However, I've got some earth shattering news for you: YOU'RE NOT ALONE!

No comments: