Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Missed Call From Jay!

Well, while I was off visiting a friend of mine who went through a stomach bypass procedure this week, I missed a call from my long lost friend, Jay. I've emailed...and called....only to constantly miss him. Well this round, I missed his call.

Here's his message:

Hey Frank this is Jay. I’m giving you a call from my home in Arkansas. I’m sorry I missed you, but it sure was good to hear from you. I know it’s been a long time, but I’ll sure be looking forward to talking with you whenver I can get a chance.

I guess you and I both are fixing to turn the big 5-0 here coming up. (Hearty Chuckle) But anyway I’m lookin’ forward to talkin’ with you. Give me a holler when you get a chance. So see ya, bye!


Well, I called him back as soon as things settled down here.....and I missed him again!

Gee he sounds a lot different from when I knew him. He has a thick southern accent he didn't have before...He sounds about as excited about reconnecting with me...as I am with reconnecting with him. Am I silly?

But, again, he's one of those great guys that is unavailable: married.....and millions of miles away.

What is it with that?

Why can't I meet someone of this caliber here? It only seems that the guys I meet here are looking for Mr. Right Now, rather than having a special relationship with Mr. Right that will last until we are ready to move on from this planet.

Being gay is a tough deal....any way you look at it.

Just hearing Jay's voice really brought vivid memories of us together two decades ago. It was a special bond....that I never shared with a soul.....not even with Lovey...although I did spill almost all my guts to her....and I lived to regret it.

I'm thrilled that at least Jay knows where I am....and he has my email and phone numbers....

His voicemail made my day.

No comments: