Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Quiet Start

It's another new day. I'm awake...feeling halfway decent.....my dog is snoring at my side.

There's something about mornings that are so conducive about reflecting. I do that a lot these days.

It's funny because I remember all the arguments Lovey and I used to have because she thought I was a carnal Christian...never thinking on spiritual things....being "crass".... She loved that word. Everything was "crass" to her.....you couldn't tell a joke to make people laugh....or a funny story even.

But, here I sit....with my dog....and allowing myself time to renew my spirit. Gee...I AM spiritual after all.

Those discussions of ours did nothing to help my self-esteem. I found myself just shutting down in so many areas.

When you're married to a spiritual giant, then why bother. There's enought there for all interested parties.

EEK.

But the neat thing about all this is that as I approach 50, I'm enjoying the Frank that's living now. He's kind....he's gentle.....he's getting back to his happy-go-lucky self. He's content for the most part. AND, he's getting in touch with his spirituality. It has been such a long time coming.

The key is remaining centered in my life....and to remember what is important.....and what is not. Remember who is important in my life and who is not.

And most of all, to be thankful for all that I have had throughout my life.....and be thankful for the experience......the learning....the growing..

My church's retreat is in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to that time of renewal. Last year's was so very special. I've thought about it so many times....and tried to learn from that as well. This year, they've asked me to do a reading.

It is so good being involved in a church that cares about me....and that likes for me to part of things.

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a wonderful post. I love the balance you have found. Congratulations.