Monday, April 07, 2008

I Wonder....

It's funny....but even though I have come a very long way in this journey.....and that I am quite comfortable in my skin, I must confess that there are still times where my old fundamental Christian upbringing bleeds through and causes me to question whether or not I am traveling the right road. I occasionally question whether I may being deceived.

I guess old habits die hard....and when one is young and impressionable...those early ideas and teachings aren't easily ignored.

I spoke with both my daughters today. They called and wanted to check in on the "old man" to see how he was getting along and if he was having a good day. I appreciate their phone calls. BUT, I do get the sense theat they worry about me perhaps a little too much.

I have come such a very long way on my journey....and I try to remain upbeat/positive and let them know that I'm doing well. For the most part, they are quite pleased with how things are going for me. It's all about maintaining a positive outlook and taking one step at a time.

My daughter in El Salvador is excited about getting tin for an inner lining to her tile roof. This layer of tin will help her cut down on the leaks and the dust getting into her house. She seems to be vascillating about whether or not she will stay an extra year there. I pray not. But then, this is a selfish daddy speaking here.

The Nashville daughter is totally smitten by Mr. Bodybuilder. I feel quite confident that he is the one for her....but I don't dare tell her this. I feel a real peace in my spirit that this is the guy I have been praying for since the kids were small. He's going to be my son-in-law. I feel it coming.

I now need to pray for the grace to let her go to be the woman she was meant to be. It is now that season of my life where I set my precious children free to find their own way in the world. Gosh this is so hard.

Where did the time go?

1 comment:

Vic Mansfield said...

Life is about letting go. Ugh!