Saturday, April 19, 2008

Asthma....Bloody Asthma!

As I have gotten older and have now lived in the DC metro area for 30 years, I've developed a host of health issues that I had never experienced until I moved here. As a matter of fact, my parents, who live in West Virginia have never faced the health issues I have...lucky them.

I have had severe allergies and one summer went into anaphylactic shock and nearly died one time. Well in the past 5 or so years, I was amazed to find out that I have asthma. Most kids have asthma and grow out of it.....I'm one of the many adults that aren't bothered by it as children, but grow into it as we get older.

So, today I visited with my internist who gave me a host of prescriptions to get me through this little bout. I also have two ear infections....throat issues....and my diabetes only makes it worse. I now have two inhalers......a z-pack.......and a prescription for Singulair. This is in addition to my various other drugs I consume on a daily basis.

She gave me a script for blood work....and we're going to see what my testosterone levels are...since I'm now reaching the magic age of 50. I go back to see her on May 24...and have my blood work in hand. Yippee.

I had a couple of nice long conversations with #2. I am happy to report that I am no longer the enemy. She reports that she is going to have a long talk with Mr. Bodybuilder tomorrow morning after church. So, I hope things go well for her.

My son leaves Iraq this week. I'm thrilled that he will be stateside.

I do appreciate your concern and prayers.

No comments: